Roseburg Forest Products Co. has set up a Community Relief Fund to provide emergency funding for the immediate needs of those in Weed, Lake Shastina and surrounding communities who incurred losses as a direct result of the Mill Fire.
A claim center has opened at the Weed Community Center where you can meet with an independent administrator who will begin addressing your immediate needs.
The Weed Relief Fund at the Community Center is only open to those whose homes or land were burned in the Mill Fire.
WHERE: Weed Community Center, 161 E. Lincoln Ave., Weed, CA 96094
WHEN: Weekdays beginning Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2022
HOURS: Mondays: 12pm to 5pm, Tuesdays through Thursday: 9am to 5pm, Fridays: 9am to 3pm. We will be closed on Friday, October 7th and Monday, October 10th.
If you are not able to visit the claim center in person, please click this link, download and fill out the claim form, and email a copy to WeedReliefFund@alixpartners.com. If you have any questions, please call the support team at 1-800-883-5605
Processing takes 4-6 weeks. Individuals who have been notified that their funds are available, may pick them up in person.
We are providing funds to individuals who have incurred losses as a direct result of the Mill Fire. They include:
- Temporary shelter, such as hotel or motel rooms or temporary rental housing
- Clothing, food and water, to provide basic clothing for you and your family, and to ensure you have enough to eat and clean water
- Transportation, for those whose vehicles were destroyed by the fire
- Medical care and supplies, for immediate needs for care and prescriptions
- Day Care/Child Care/Adult Day Care
- Lost income/lost business, for those whose jobs are unavailable because of the fire